Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 25 October 2021

Saturday, New Bike 23.10.21.

 We went to Pear Mill Café on Saturday for lunch with friends!.

When we got home I thought I would ring Harry Hall Cycles after viewing them on-line and asked if they had a M6R Brompton bike in stock, as they seemed to be scarce in most places online.

The chap there said they didn't have a M6R but did have a H6R (High,6 gears,Rack) in British Racing Green which I thought at my tender age would probably be better anyway!, "have you got a Broughton Bag for Pepe?" Yes one of those as well!.

So leaving Pepe at home I whipped down to Manchester City centre which being Saturday was packed out with shoppers and visitors and not a mask in sight!.

The cycle chap had bike and bag ready which was a good thing as I'd put a £2 coin into the meter outside and it gave me a ticket for 37 minutes!, shows you how long it's been since I was last there.

The saddle was like a razor blade and asked if they still did an exchange for a Brook's saddle which they still did, I was worried about my parking ticket and he said we will have you out of here before that runs out!, must have been used to it.

So saddle changed, a front and rear LED lights and a better air pump, bag and helmet and a help getting the lot packed into the car and I was on my way home, away from those terrible packed unmasked crowds.

But I must say credit where credit is due the chaps at Harry Hall Cycles are some of the nicest shop people I've met in a long time, well since I was there before about three years ago actually!.  

I was there and back home within the hour!, much to Pepe's delight. 

Parked in the front room, which isn't used much.

Pepe's bag fits on the front of the bike and as we have had one before he will be used to it.


Got a nice helmet that doesn't obstruct my hearing aids.


Not very good at taking Selfies! as you can tell.

Unfolded, those yellow things are the trouser clips 

Stiff when stretched out and curl up when you bend them, bit different from the old cycle clips aren't they. 

My good friend Bob had offered to give me his bike that he no longer uses but after thanking him said I wanted a Brompton as they are a Style Icon same as the VW Camper!.

Thanks again Bob!.

I won't be doing the Tour of Britain!, only trips round the local park and that only in the good weather.

Still remember the days when I used to cycle from home, Moss Side at the time to Newton Heath come hale, rain or shine and never give it a thought, but that was a lot of years ago.

Also during our early married life Velda and I had a tandem that we used to go to North Wales on a regular basic at weekends, but as said before that was a lot of years ago and a lot of water under the bridge since then, still happy memories, perhaps this bike is a way to recapture some of those happy memories hey!.

.........................................................

But


We can try though, what is life without trying?.

..........................................

Doctor Doctor I feel like a pack of cards;

 I'll deal with you later. 


Doctor Doctor, I keep thinking there are two of me;

One at a time please!.


Doctor Doctor I feel like a pair of curtains;

For goodness, sake pull yourself together!.

..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment