Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 7 October 2021

Staircase finished at last, 7.10.21.

 Well at last I've finished my staircase, you might have seen that The new handrail was a bit different colour than the old one on the other side. Well today I gave the old one a rub down with fine sand paper and gave it a coat of the new varnish.


Looks better in real life, think the different shapes of the wood making the pictures look different.


So at last I've also got my Chain plant pot in place with the trailing ivy which hopefully will be alright in the dark hall, we shall see.
The chain Pot holder was bought at Pear Mill emporium on one of our visits for lunch there, got a few quid off as well, love a bargain! 



A couple of the table decorations at Pear Mill café today


On our visit to The Snipe yesterday, sat having our bacon buttie and was struck with the colours of this tree, that's the new Costa coffee in the background, haven't tried it yet, with a coffee from the buttie wagon at a £1 why would I?.

Nipped over to the Ashton Moss nature reserve afterwards, though not much of interest there so it was home to our birds on the feeders.

Had these couple of Collared Doves call in, must have heard there was good grub here.


The baby Goldfinches are doing well, they do love their sunflower hearts! 


My birds aren't as exciting as my sister Babs in OZ this is a Kookaburra in her garden, and has Parakeets and Cockatoos as well I believe, how wonderful that is!.  
I like Mother-in- laws tongue plants and they grow there like weeds and travel from garden to garden if not kept in check.

How about this Babs, and you thought I only eat English food!,
Sweet and Sour Chicken and rice.

A juvenile Gull on the Ressers the other day.
Dozens of them there, greedy little devils, but they have to eat same as all the others hey!. 

Well that's another day done and dusted!.
...........................................

I used to be a schizophrenic, but we're alright now!.

If all the nations in the world are in debt, 
where did all the money go?. 

Bills travel though the post at twice the speed of cheques.
.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment