Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Dog Groomer Day, 22.6.21.

 Today we were up early to go to the Dog Groomers in Oldham , we were a bit apprehensive as it was the first time seeing the new owner, but on arrival it was the original owner and it seemed that the new owner had had a car accident and injured her ribs, so the original owner had stepped in to help out!.

Having to be up in Oldham for 10-00 we were up early and to my surprise there in my garden were the baby Goldfinches tucking in to the Sunflower seeds, a couple of weeks ago when I first saw them this year they were being fed by their parents,

Very young babies, wings flapping Feed me, Free me!. 



Today they were tucking in to the Sunflower seeds by themselves, so are growing up nicely.

These are the parents with their red faces, which the babies don't get until after their first moult.



After Pepe's grooming we came back down to Debdale Park for an Apple Pie and a Coffee at McDonalds and a walk to the Reservoir.

The Canadian Goslings in various stages of growth.



This one seems almost fully grown.

This beautiful Great Crested Grebe was quite close to the bank amongst the geese, still no mate about.


Last, but not least there were quite a few of these Tufted Ducks about.


After sunning ourselves for an hour it was time to pop round to our friends Bob and Joyce to see them and have a chat and put the world to rights again.
On the way there we stopped off at the Windmill Pub to see what the situation was there with the Carvery, and it was almost back to normal I was told!, the only change was that you had to point out what you wanted and the staff put it on your plate, still could have as much as you wanted but I suppose they didn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry handing the ladles, which sounds quite reasonable as the Virus is still around isn't it!.
So it was another good day for us, hope yours was as nice.
................................
Signs 


On the side of an electricians van;
Let us remove your shorts.

Outside a radiator repair shop;
Best place to take a leak.

On a maternity ward door;
Push push push.

...............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment