Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 12 June 2018

A day at Reddish Vale country park, 12.6.2018.

If you haven't been to Reddish Vale Country Park here is a walk round for you.

Back to the car first, he forgot to put the memory card back into the camera last night so had to use the one out of his other camera, what a plonker!!.

The information centre entrance, which hadn't open yet so was able to see the art work on the doors, as it say's there are toilets (new and posh) round the back!. 

Some of the visitors after their wade in the river to cool down


What's in the cup?.

Down into the woods, nice and cool here.

Down to the river.

Nice place to sit and relax and watch the river.

Walking at the side of the river

Brings you to the butterfly field that's planted with all the plants mentioned below to attract them. 

It also brings you to a small lake, that's friends Mary & Peter enjoying the view of last years only surviving young swan, all on its own, perhaps a mate will fly in soon!.



Spotted this Squirrel a long long way away, but my Nikon P900 zoom  soon pulled it in.

Not forgetting Stockport's famous viaduct, which has bird boxes underneath in places

A mandarin duck, this one looks a bit darker to the ones I've seen in the past, perhaps not in all it's glory yet

And a female.

This Chaffinch seems to have lost a foot but was eating well and as I walked round the lakes it followed me round so it was getting around and flying well.


On the back of the big lake the Swans were keeping an eye on their babies, as were three herons!.



Cute hey!.

I won't tell you again, stay close or the heron will have you.



There are also plenty of Coot babies

Eat your seed and I'll get you a nice juicy bug for dessert 

Plenty of Terror-Pins about if you keep looking 

Family of Coots feeding, and learning how to dive.


Moorhen Babies


Something moved in there!



Grooming time.

For everyone.

Down by the river was this Heron.

What you looking at Rook, 

Its only a loose feather, you should see the other fellow!.

Prancing Queen 

The little Footloose Chaffinch followed me for ages and was still quite close as I left, felt like taking it home to make sure it would survive!.

There you have it plenty to see at Reddish Vale and the Tearooms at the side of the riding stables do a nice snack and cuppa.
.....................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment