Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Masking off, 5.4.2017

After a pleasant morning at the lake chatting with friends and then checking out the landing stage where there was one of the members with his Grandchildren. 


Nice well behaved young men, had a boat each that Granddad had made for them, though I was told that they helped as well, that's what we need in the club, or else what will become of the club when all us old codgers go to that big pond in the sky!



This was Granddad's boat, all high tech with his camera mounted on the front!.

Then as its school holidays, I left the lake early so I wouldn't be locked in with all the Grandparents bringing the kids for lunch at the cafe!
Good news for the Cafe, keeps it open, nothing sadder than a boarded up Cafe is there!.

Lunch for me was at The Windmill, where I had the carvery with turkey and a slice of roast beef for Pepe's doggie bag, I don't eat a lot of meat, but if there ever comes a day when we get Mad Fowl disease like we had Mad Cow Disease, I'm in a world of trouble!.

Then it was home for a brew and a sit down but not for long, then it was up to the workroom to check out the Superstructure on the Narra Boat, ready for the next stage of spray painting.

All masked up and ready for the side panels to be sprayed Red!
 

Not in the house though, will wait for a warmer day in the garage or outside with no wind!

I'd asked Son John if he had any scrap lead for the ballast when it's ready for it, Forward planning that's called isn't it!.
He hadn't got any, but suggested I use the window blind weights that I'd got a stack of from him previously!.
These are they, plastic coated and steel, so a bit more environmentally friendly aren't they.
They can be bought at most window blind shops and a lot cheaper than lead which has got to be good.
Will let you know how I get on with them, they are just the right width for my boat as well.
10 of them weigh in at 2lbs!.
 
............................................................................................................

Chap goes in to the greengrocers and asks for "5 Lbs of potatoes", the shopkeeper says "They are kilo's now"
Alright says the chap "give us 5 Lbs of kilo's then"
............
Its the way I tell em!.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


No comments:

Post a Comment