Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 23 August 2024

An event hosted by The Bridge View Café, 22.8.2024.

 A good day yesterday when I met my two friends at the Bridge View Café, though it was packed out I'd got there early and managed to get a table.

Outside there was a group of people setting up something!?,


 but I was told I'd have to wait and see, so snapped this whilst waiting, gives something to explain what it's about.

 

Then it was all set up!, rain had stopped play for a while.


The accompanying band. 

Then the lady clog dancers started their dancing, looks like the little girl would have liked to join in!.




No ! that's not a Burka in the foreground it's someone's coat over a bollard!.


 The bridge the Café is named after,

A different view from a painting in the café. 

Outside again there was this narra boat moored upon the other side of the canal.
All sort's and colour's of boats pass though here, if you are a Corrie fan you might remember Gale's husband tried to do away with their family by driving into the canal here, years ago!.

This is the boat that was the project The Princess Royal, Princess Anne came to see last month, that the Bridge Café hosted for her.
I was told by the regular crew that Anne had a go on the tiller too going down the canal.
If it's good enough for royalty it's good enough for us.
It's a very with it boat as it's driven by an electric motor and used for taking wheelchairs and people with special needs on board, note the chequer plate ramp. 

This is the view as Jean and I left, gives you the idea of the size of the museum in the background, and it's free inside!. 

So another good day was had by all, with Christopher doing his singing again  

.............................................

Did you hear of the two cannibals sat eating a clown and one turned to the other and said does this meat taste funny to you?.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. 

What do you call a cat that has eaten a whole duck?

A Duck-filled-fatty-puss

..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment