Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 21 August 2024

Another good day today, 21.8.2024.

 Today it was off to Reddish Vale Park again, it was rather dull outdoors but still quite warm.

Had a drink and a chat with the Lady Sarah at the Coffee Dream Machine, here is the program for this week.



Had a walk round the lower and upper mill ponds, still plenty of cormorants about.

On the hunt for dinner.

Drying out.

Honest the one that got away was this big!. 

Female mallard on the lower mill pond.


I'd taken a pear for the blackbirds, but the squirrel got to it first and tried it, but I don't think it was liked very much it he left it after a few bites.

The big Terrapins on the upper mill pond were out sunning themselves but the small ones that are usually on the lower pond weren't out, must have been too cool for them, as it was for me so didn't linger long


Couple of herons there today too

Then it was off to Morrison's for dinner which was a bit quieter today thankfully, (I was a bit later as I had an 3-00pm appointment at Specsavers afterwards) the fish and chips were just as nice though.

Whilst in there spotted the two ladies Rachel and her mum Helen who used to own the Café at Pear Mill, so that was a nice surprise to chat to them for a while, not too long though as Helen had had an hip operation so I didn't want to delay them.

Then it was off to Sainsburys and Specsavers for my eye test which went very well as the Indian lady who tested me said there was no difference from my test two years ago, these plastic eyes are holding up well as its a lot of years since I had my cataracts done!. 

I had the extra £10 scan which scan's the back of your eyes and she talked me though the scan and what was good, ie the part that you see colours and various other things I've already forgot, they can see a lot of your health though your eyes and she said I'm good for my age, but as I said it's the legs that are going nowadays, just old age I guess!.

Still bought a couple of pair of reading spec's as I've dropped the old ones a few times!.

I upset them there but I won't go into that here, if you see me ask me about it!.

Back home my buddleia plant in the centre of the front garden is doing very well, had white and purple flowers up to now, perhaps the pink ones are late flowering  

Been to the Bridge Café to Portland Basin this week and they were quite busy, but I always manage to get a table there and had a game of chess with friend Jean.


Busy in the car park.

Struggling will this jigsaw at the moment, but patience is the way to go isn't it. 
.....................................................

Did you hear the one about the burglar who fell into the cement mixer?.

Now he's a hardened criminal!.

....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment