Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 5 September 2024

Out Again!, 5.9.2024.

 Well it finally happened, I got Covid, Saturday the 19th August and then for the next three nights it was bad trying to cough up a lung!, it got slightly better after that until the following Saturday (24th) I finally  got a clear test.  Stayed in on the Sunday and Monday just to be sure and to recover myself.

It's not the best way to lose weight, there again it wasn't much use eating as the food and drink tasted awful!.

Still it's over with now, just glad I'd had all my jabs over the past few years.

Tuesday  (3rd) it was out for the first time to the Bridge Café with the gang, Friend Jean had the Covid too, but friend  Peter G had missed it being away on one of his coach trips.

So on the Wednesday (4th) it was down to the Vale for the first time in a while, was getting withdrawal symptoms!,  there was a few Herons about.


Flying about to find a good fishing spot.

Fair old wing span on them isn't there, must be about six foot.

 

Think the squirrels recognise my hat as soon as I get there, they are sat there looking for peanuts. 


Someone had screwed a  little food tray on to the fence for a robin, so filled that but the squirrels soon found it too. 


This female mandarin was sat up in the tree on the upper mill pond
Didn't stay long as it is getting a bit cooler these days, so after a coffee at the Coffee Bean Dream machine it was off to Morrison's for lunch, was getting withdrawal symptoms for the fish and chips there too.

Today (5th) it was off to the bridge café to see friends.

There was a reserved do on there on the day.


And it was the Lady Mayor of Tameside and one of her councillors 


Chris the resident singer was in attendance and today he had a volunteer singer that had been before.  

Another regular group there on the day was the dementia singers, on the right there, they always enjoy Chris and his type of music. 

Passing though.

Chris back home has been clearing his garden of trees that have been getting too big, as you can see this one was starting to push on the fencing. My job was to watch out for cars coming down the road. 


I've finally given up on my Peace Lily in the bedroom, it wasn't doing very well so I've changed it for something else. This one is quite nice and hopefully be in the right place to thrive better.


 

What is it I think you will be asking?.


 So there you are be up to date and know why it's been a while since I've posted.

...................................................................

..................................

Brain cells come and brain cells go, 

But fat cells live forever!.
................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment