Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 20 May 2024

Weekend, 17-20.5.2024

 Friday I had a walk round Debdale park to see if the Garden centre was open, haven't been there for a while, but it was closed again!, that's why I've not been going lately.

The volunteer's have been doing their thing on the rose beds just inside the park. 

The outdoor table tennis and behind that the bowling greens and bowling green clubhouse.

The old aviary is looking nice now with the Heart_mural painting. 

Rhododendron bush in full bloom.

Magpie waiting for a monkey nut.

The Windmill Carvery at Denton for lunch.

My Goldfinches are doing well but no babies in sight yet this year.





Pigeons doing their best to get to the Sunflower seeds.

My Clematis are doing well this year too.


Saturday 

It was off to the Bridge View café at Portland Basin, where I was just it time to catch the narra boat Community Spirit 2 going out taking people for a trip.

This was what Princess Anne came to see last week!, it takes wheelchairs on board.

The working crew, "Hello sailor"

Outdoor seating area at the café.

The bridge in the background the Café is named after.

Didn't go out on Sunday

Monday it was off to Reddish Vale and there was a couple of carers with some children so I was able to give them some seed for the birds as I carry a value pack in my boot, and even got one of the young girls to get the pigeon with the twisted beak on to her hand so the carers could get photos with their phones, made their day!. 

Info centre looking a bit quiet which is going to be that way for a while, just heard on the internet that the Lady Sarah has managed to get one of her vandalised vans up and running so will be back at the vale soon. 



That's a big Tree creeper isn't it.

Sparrow.

Robin.

Great Tit.
Great Tit.

? female sparrow collecting nest material.

Male Mandarin.


Female Mandarin.

Great Tit.

Crow with a bourbon biscuit.

A few post's ago I showed this sign near where the river goes under the viaduct.

Today this is what it looks like, some mindless idiot has destroyed it, it looks a bit rotten, but it would have lasted a few more years wouldn't it!.
What will be left for these idiots children if they carry on like this. 

On a happier note, life goes on.
Only one though!.
 So a good few sunny days days, even got a summer coat out. 
............................................







.....................................

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mr Teal enjoyed reading your post. Very interesting and informative. Bob

    ReplyDelete