Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 24 May 2024

Out and about, 22-24.5.2024.

Wednesday My friend Jean had given me her gas weed burner to test, she had had it for quite a while but had been a bit worried about using it.
I tried it out in my garden and thought what a good idea and so easy to use, my mate Bob has had one for years but I'd not see him using it.
It was lunch at The Windmill on Wednesday, where it was 25% off with the voucher on their appt.

I ordered a gas gun from my favourite company Amazon, and saw a good bargain, the gun and eight, yes eight cans of gas for £19.25!., Jean had paid £ 9.99 for 4 cans to be sent to my house to test her gun.
Took the gun back to my friend on Thursday at Portland Basin where I gave her a demo on the gun and made sure she was ok using it.
We saw this Goose with one baby whilst there.




The day after ordering my gun, I got this email from Amazon or so it seems.
Looks like its from Amazon doesn't it!


It seemed strange as I'm a Avid Amazon fan and never had any problems before, so checked my bank account and the payment had gone though alright, a few days later got an email to say my order would be delivered on Thursday and there it was!.

 So beware folks!, there are lots of scammers out there just waiting, sat on their idle asses just waiting to steal your hard earned money off you.

Today it was raining again so it was off to Home Bargains at The Snipe for more bird food and a few bits and pieces for me, whilst there had a bacon buttie at the O'neilds meal wagon.

A bargain at Home Bargains, 4 Gas cans, half price at £4.49.

Then it was over the road to Nottcutts garden centre to see what the cafĂ© was like there, but the top of the menu was Fish and Chips at £13.95! three times the price of Morrisons, bigger portions perhaps but there again I can't manage all of the mini fish and chips there.
I did buy a couple of plants, as the plants at Nottcutts always look nice and healthy, they were only very small, but makes them a lot cheaper.
Got this one for Jean for bringing the gas guns to my notice.
It's a Gynura and I've repotted it to a slightly bigger pot, as it was only in a thumb sized pot before, plus a little Figure too.

I got this one for me, as you can see only small therefore only £3.99, fascinates me how the leaves like that top one grow out as a stork and unfurl as a perfect leave like the others, need some more compost before I can repot that, should have got some today but didn't realise I was so short, what a gorp!.

Then after a good look round I went up the road to the Ashton Moss Nature Reserve.
Looks like someone had got there before me with food.


Tufted Duck.

 The Heron there is a good rat catcher, seen pictures of him with a rat in his beak.


The female swan on the nest but didn't want to disturb her.
Met John the new owner, he has taken over the property even though he is struggling with chemo treatment at the moment, was telling me of his ideas now he is in charge. 
John had told me in the past, that if you want to see jackdaws, just put some fat balls out and I had some in the car, a couple of minutes later there were two there.

So a good couple of days except for those scammers.
....................................................

Two hydrogen atoms are talking.
one says to the other "I think I've lost an electron"
The other one asks "Are you sure".
The first replies "Yes I'm positive".
..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment