Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 1 November 2023

Wednesday, 1.11.23.

 Tuesday 

It was off to Reddish Vale even though the weather didn't look too good, thought it might change by the time I got there., but no such luck!.

The car park was deserted but the colour change made up for the weather.


So it was off round the lower mill pond and there was the pigeon with the twisted beak waiting to pounce on me, I don't mind but the others lose their shyness and also land on me.

The only trouble is they all have muddy feet!, good job I had my camo jacket on.

I'd thought that all the Male Mandarin ducks had changed colour after mating but there was a couple of them still in colour today.



There were six Cormorants on the lower pond.


From the other side of the pond.


Another two antisocial ones away from the group.


They ride quite low on the water.


Drying out after a dive.

A couple of herons on the move too.





A blue tit.

 A great tit.

Two's company, three's a crowd they say.

Was sat near the wardens office and met an older couple with their grandson, I gave him a money nut but he wasn't brave enough to offer it to a squirrel. After a squirrel took it, he was quite thrilled and said "Have you any more please" so I gave him a lot more for being so polite and I think it made his day, as well as the squirrels!.

So even though it was drizzling all the time I was there it was worth it, and perhaps made a little boy a nature lover of the future.

Having trouble with weeds in your garden, that's nothing compared with these sites!, the railway arches at the vale.

These are in my street.  

 So yours aren't so bad after all hey!.

So after a nice Fish and Chips at my favourite Morrisons it was home to Alfie and his dinner., trying him out with Melon too.


Found this in Morrisons for Alfie. 

Saw this my Morrisons too, a promotion  for Warburtons, it works too because I bought a packet today and had some for my tea!  

After getting all muddy today, remembered I had a pair of wellies in the garage and when I got home rooted them out and cleaned them up and made sure that there wasn't anything living in them (that's another story) and they are as good as new even after all these years since we used to go camping!.
The soles have more tread on them than my shoes as well!.

................................................
No this isn't Alfie, thank goodness, this one is on FaceBook in America and lives outside all the time.

..............................................


A beggar walks up to a well dressed woman in the street and says "I haven't eaten anything in a week" to which she replied "God I wish I had your willpower!.


Did you hear about the gypsy who won the lottery, they paid him in travellers cheques.

...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment