Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 20 November 2023

Weekend of 17th- 19th 11.23.

Friday it was a nice fine day so it was off to Reddish Vale with my camera!.

The colour in the trees is beautiful at the moment, but its not going to last with the high winds we are having at the moment.


Everyone loves a Robin.

The crows having a ball with the monkey nuts 

Seeing how many they can get in their mouths at once.

The Little grebes that were born on the top mill pond this year all seem to be doing well.


Think the big Cob must have seen me feeding the geese by hand and climbed out to me, but they are huge next to you so I wasn't chancing feeding him by hand!, he is beautiful though. 

Water quite still and plenty of reflections.

Heron on the hunt.

Only two cormorants on the day.


On the way home called at the building site behind the Gorton McDonalds to see how the electric charging park was coming on.

Pictured coming out of the park carpark, McDonalds on the left.

Like to keep you up to date.

By the way one of the top prizes at McDonald's Monopoly is an Electric car!.
But who want's one of them?.
This was on the internet the other day!!

  Notice the extra charge if you stay longer than topping up your car, so nipping into McDonalds while your car is charging could cost you dearly. 

Whilst on motoring have you see the new speed cameras?, they are very noticeable but they don't need the lines on the road these days with the new technology, AND they can catch you in all lanes and see if you or your passengers are wearing seat belts!, or on the phone!.
Finally finished my taking down my mates gate post, I'm going to let him finish the job as I know he will do a better job than I, just the inner bricks to get rid of now as I'm going to use the outer rustic ones in my back garden for Alfie's run in the Spring so no rush there, time to look at the steel gate in the garage now.  

This weeks visit to The Windmill I noticed the Christmas festive menu is now available as below.

The Pear Mill Cafe is still doing well, in fact I don't think most people realise there has been a change of ownership, so that's good for everyone I suppose.
..........................................

Did you hear about the cowboy dressed in brown paper?,
he was arrested for rustling!.

Old bricklayers never die, 
They just throw in the trowel.

Old bankers never die,
they just lose interest.  
..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment