Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 14 November 2023

Tuesday,14th.11.2023.

 Not been out with the camera the past week due to the weather, cold and damp, in fact wet!.

My front wooden gate has given up the ghost and was rotting away before my eyes and has it was the third or fourth since we moved into the house I was saying to my neighbour over the garden wall, (Remind you of Les Dawson, Cissie and Ada) that I  was thinking of getting a metal one this time and he said "You can have mine at the front has I was going to take it off and remove the brick gate post" so I said "I will do the work and remove the bricks whilst you are on your business trip"

The right tools help don't they.

Well the weather hasn't been kind again and its taken me longer than I'd have thought, but there again it's coming too the end of it now, and finding the wheelbarrow behind my garage helped!, after carrying the first two lots though the house, What a gorrp! as my mate Bob would say!.

Not much more to do now, I like to clear up after each session out there, you can see why it's better coming out by how near that car is!.

Then I had another fall of soot !! why take the bricks to the tip and thought of using the bricks for a run for Alfie in the Summer, but that will wait and will be able to clean up the bricks at my leisure and cement them in, tortoises can climb very well. Will be able to let the weeds grow for him to forage.

Today Tuesday, I went to Reddish Vale and it was raining on the way there but I had my big camo coat on and was nice and warm, but by the time I got there the rain had stopped but was still overcast.

There were plenty of  cormorants there.





There was a pair of Widgeons on the top mill pond.




A Heron high up in a tree.

A very timid Nuthatch.

And a squirrel helping me to finish my apple. 

The crow was trying the apple after all the monkey nuts were gone.

So it's been a busy few days, but I've slept better for it! 
..................................................................

A hungry termite walks into a bar and says,

"Is the Bar tender here?" 

The local curry house sells a chicken korma that really tickles the palate - they leave thee feathers on.

..........................................

It's the way I tell em.

No comments:

Post a Comment