Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 6 November 2023

Monday, 6th Nov 2023.

 Weather not too good at the moment here in the rainy city, still it's better than a lot of places that are flooded out for a second time.

Saturday, the gang and I went to Portland Basin to the Bridge View Café there, plenty of people there but weather wasn't too good for many  photos.

Workman's barge.

Think the museum is being a bit optimistic thinking these barges will ever sail again. 


Took this picture of the factory with the chimney coming out of the roof for my mate Bob who painted it years ago, I'd seen it come up on Facebook in the week.

Sunday it looked like rain again so stayed in and cooked my dinner, spam, egg and beans, with toast.


Then I set too and cleaned out Alfie's box.

My Tortoise, Alfie is this type.

All cleaned out 

Lid back on his sleeping quarters and plants back and watered.


What does he eat, you may ask. 


Most supermarkets sell this type of stuff



His favourite is Green grapes and cauliflower!, but will eat most anything green, ie Dandelion leaves so quite cheap really. 

After watching a chap on Facebook talking about his group, he mentioned keeping a logbook, so I'd put new batteries in my small scales and weighed him for the first time.

Made a log on my WORD processer and will be able to see his progress now instead of wondering if and when!.

So not a wasted weekend, perhaps the weather will improve next week, ever the optimist!.

...............................................................

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen.   

The United States have developed a new weapon that destroys people but leaves buildings standing. It's called the stock market. 

...............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment