Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 29 November 2023

Monday to Today, 29.11.23.

 Monday, I met my friends at Pear  Mill Café, I said "did you like the Christmas tree at the entrance" to which they both said "Didn't see any Christmas tree!".

My answer to that was "You can get 2 for one on specs at SpecSavers"

How can you miss that!, that's the blue front door on the left.



Tuesday 
It was off to Reddish Vale Park, a beautiful day though quite cool.


There were lots of mandarin Ducks in trees  on the lower mill pond and the males still in their breeding plumage.




Reflections better than the real thing.

Upside down.


The resident cormorants.

I found the upper mill pond the best on the day, with plenty of wildlife about and perhaps it was because there wasn't many people.

This is a real fatty isn't it.

Saw four robins all in the same area and as they are reputed to be territorial can only guess they are from the same family. 

Everyone loves a robin don't they.

A pair of Mallards.

A pair of Wigeons.

A hunting Heron.

These nuthatches are very timid.

The beautiful Great Tit.

Then a little Blue Tit.

A Male and female tufted duck

No Teal's though only me!.

So it was a nice visit on the day, topped off with the usual fish an chips at Morrisons.
I got a bargain there as well, 6 ring donuts without the holes in, there for more donut hey!.
Today Wednesday  met my friend Jean at The Windmill in Denton and has she had a voucher on their apt on her phone for 25% off and when she presented it at the counter it turned out to be 50% off so we had a carvery and a drink for about £4.50 each! which can't be bad in these days of prices rocketing skyward.
..........................................

Two cannibals were relaxing after a big meal, one turns to the other and says "You know that missionary we had has given me terrible indigestion".
The other replies, "you know what they say, you can't keep a good man down".

Why did the cannibal become a policeman, so he could grill suspects.

Small cannibal - "I hate my teacher!.
Mother -  well just eat your chips then.
.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment