Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 3 December 2023

First weekend of December 2023.

 Friday

I braved the elements and went down to the Vale and though it was so cold the ponds were 90% frozen over I'm glad I went, chatted with a  lady stood there on her own, I might have been the only one to speak to her that day hey.

I had my padded Camo coat on so I was well wrapped up except for my hands, can't do justice to my camera with gloves on. I do have a pair of driving gloves with the right index finger cut off but they aren't very warm, will have to get the scissors on a padded pair.

It was funny watching the geese come flying in and landing on the ice feet first and skidding along on their bums.


Just a few open patches for the birds to swim and feed.

Canada goose not quite got it's plumage right.


The robins were still plentiful, and I met an acquaintance who is very knowledgeable and said "I thought they were territorial", and he said "Food in short supply comes before territory" so now we know. 

Crow enjoyed the monkey nuts.


This is how you get into them guys, stand on them.

These guys have no trouble getting into them.


I'd not seen any Chaffinches during my visits to the Vale lately (That's not to say they weren't there, just that I'd missed them) but on the day there were plenty there, perhaps the lack of food brought them out.

The only problem is they all seemed to have Bumblefoot, an infection of their feet common in Chaffinches 

A shame as they are beautiful coloured birds.

Saw one in my Garden too this week.

Plenty of nuthatches about too.


A male Wigeon on the top mill pond.


A Female Wigeon on the top mill pond.

Then last but not least there were still a few Mandarin ducks on the lower mill pond.


Not been around for a while but hopefully found a nice home for themselves and will stay around for a while now.


So even with the cold it was a good visit on the day, then it was off to Morrisons for lunch, but ohhh No, no fish and chips left, suppose I should have got there earlier on a Friday!. 

So it was a SMALL all day breakfast, can't be bad, all that and a Latté for £6.50!


Saturday 

It was off to The Bridge View Café to met friends and have a nice meal as usual.

On the way home stopped off at an Asian shop and got some batteries and cheap paint brushes for my front gate. 

All for £5.00 

Can throw the brushes away afterwards, not worth saving cheap brushes.


Sunday 

Not out today Sunday as it snowed during the night, gone now but still quite cold, so just topped up the bird feeders and wrapped up some Christmas presents.

................................................................

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending and have the two as close as possible.

I don't suffer from stress he said, I'm a carrier!.

Why don't Mexico have an Olympic team?,

All the Mexicans who can run, jump or swim are already in the USA.

...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment