Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 15 December 2023

Friday, 15.12.23.

 Been a good week this week, we had our gangs Christmas dinner at the Windmill on Wednesday afternoon and the food was good as usual but there seemed to be a lack of staff, perhaps with the minimum wage going up, the only way to save is to cut down on staff perhaps. 

Thursday evening had a surprise visit from my son and whilst he was here he did the upgrade on my Nixon P950 for me, seemed quite complicated to me but son did it no problem, I wouldn't have known where to start!.

Today I went to Reddish Vale and took my Nixon P1000 for an outing and here are my results.

There were six pairs of mandarins, with the males in full colour, usually lose their colour out of breeding season, but perhaps the weather is puzzling them too.



Ain't love grand!



Cormorants on the upper mill pond.



Plenty of male Tufted ducks.

The Swan family still together, parents must have given up trying to get the kids to leave, will probably try harder in the Spring!.

Gadwalls on the lower mill pond



Grab two while you can!

Bliss with a monkey nut!.

So it was a good visit for me, had a chat with another photographer from Hazel Grove, who was the same as me getting a bit of exercise whilst the rain had stopped.

It was dry but it was so cold I banged my hand on my camera and my finger burst open, first I knew was when I noticed my camera was covered in blood!. Good job I carry a first aid box in my car and was able to clean up and get a plaster on to stop it bleeding, all those years in the ambulance service weren't wasted hey. I was quite warm in my new jacket, but you can't wear gloves when using a camera, you can but it's awkward!.

Had a nice fish and chips in Morrisons and a warm up, will have the festive menu a bit nearer the time!.

They look nice and the price looks right too.


...........................................................

..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment