Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 8 February 2023

Wednesday 8th.2.23.

  We are well into February and its still quite cold outdoors, but the good news for me is that my energy provider asked for my gas meter reading and it turns out I'm well into credit and I even got a rebate sent to my bank account!. I had been worried as most people are waiting for that first bill, so feel a bit happier now, plus its getting warmer and lighter now.

I went to the ressers on Sunday for a walk and spotted these Great Crested Grebes, (in the far distance I might add) they were starting to do their mating dance and it brought back memories of when I first saw this happening in Beeston, Nottingham with my sister and brother in law and it started me Twitching, (bird watching).

Love is in the air.



Beautiful birds.

Plenty of Turfed Ducks about too.


The female Tufty.

Tuesday after a nice Mini fish and chips at Morrisons.


Went down to Reddish Vale and got a better picture of the pigeon with the twisted beak thanks to this lady feeding it whilst I took their picture.


Must be a Great tit nest near here as they were backwards and forwards for ages enjoying my mixed seed.



The cormorant on the top mill pond.

There were a pair of Gadwalls on the lower Mill pond.

The female was tramping up and down to get the stuff out of the mud.


also a Wigeon.

This Canadian goose really stands out with its spotty neck which are usually all black.

This fancy looking pigeon was following me round the ponds, I'm sure they recognise the hat!, a squirrel stood by my car waiting for me to stock up my feeding bag, alas I'd run out of peanuts!.  

Today I had to take one of my hearing aids to SpecSavers in Sainsbury's as the rechargeable battery wouldn't charge, so whilst there had a look round and was quite surprise that some of the prices were cheaper than Morrisons!.

As my appointment was 12.15 and I only had to hand over my aid it was dinnertime so decided to try out the café and that turned out well too and the Ham, egg (two) and chips were really nice as was the coffee and hot milk in a flask, tables and area were nice and clean too. 


Finished of the day with a visit to  my mate Bob as he'd emailed me about his traumatic day at the dentist the previous day and he'd not asked me to take him, so I had to give him a piece of my mind, he'd been a bit groggy when he came out!.
..........................................
One or two for Bob!.
A Texan goes to the dentist, your teeth are fine said the dentist. "nothing needs doing".
"Drill anyway" said the Texan , "I feel lucky".

Man to dentist , "Can you recommend anything for yellow teeth".
Dentist "A brown tie!".
  
Three ways to keep your teeth.
Brush after every meal.
See your dentist every few months.
 Keep your nose out of other peoples business!.
.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment