Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 23 February 2023

February 21st -23rd.2.23.

 Tuesday had dinner at Sainsbury's and then straight home as it was threatening rain, but I'd bought a plant for my Jardinière in the hall as it was looking like it was killing another plant with the lack of decent light.

I know it's a plastic one but in the dark hallway it doesn't look too bad, better than a half dead live one and doesn't need watering. Took me an hour to cut off the raffia basket it was in to make it fit in the pot!.


Wednesday had dinner at The Windmill at Denton, it was full price on the day but worth it, can't have cut price offers every time can you.

As it was a bit better weather dropped down to Debdale Ressers with some bird food, which was appreciated by the Magpies for the monkey nuts.




Lots of blue when their wings are open.

Jumping for joy!.

The swan family

The male swan. 

His mate  

Won't be long before they are chasing junior off to start mating for this years brood, nature is cruel at times!.


The Coots are already nest building.



Then when I thought there wasn't anything of interest saw the Great Created Grebes on the other side of the lake, so traipsed though the mud to get a better picture and they were doing their mating dance, and he brought her a gift, it looked like a old black bin liner, she didn't look impressed!.

Lovely to watch them, and right on my doorstep.





Yesterday I finished my latest wooden kit.

The Ugears Mechanical Models, the U is because they are made in The Ukraine!. 


What's in the box?.


Plus the instructions of course, I watched a guy on YouTube do a walk though build but when he got to fitting the blue wings on he gave up and said he would get back when he'd sorted it out.
I was quite proud of myself as I soldiered on and finished it myself!.
The head.

The tail.

The finished model.

The wings flap and the head moves up and down as well.


As you can see here its about two foot wing span and a foot high, no flames out of it's mouth though.


 

So on to the next one, definably cheaper than Lego and a bit more to studying the instructions as the translation is sometimes a bit off!.

Today at Pear Mill my mate David had the sun in his eyes, so borrowed a hat off one of the stands and sat having his dinner with that on, told him I would put the picture on here after he was mocking me with my hearing, one off my aids is away for repair!, plus the background noise is a bit loud.


You should have bought it Dave, it suits you!.

....................................................


 What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?.

I don't know and I don't care!!.

You know when your getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.

................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment