Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 13 February 2023

Week two of February, 9-13.2.23.

Tomorrow, it will be half way though February!, doesn't time fly when your enjoying yourself!.

Friday cleared out the garage which had got a little out of hand with stuff I'd kept putting in there, ie old TV, old PC, old shredder, you get the picture, then it was off to the tip, soon dropped that lot off and then up to Woodley precinct to the pet shop of Monkey nuts then the charity shop for jigsaws (3).

Then what I'd promised myself, a visit to Taylors Fish and Chip shop, nicely presented and waitress service, but I personally didn't think it was as nice as Morrisons, sorry David!. 

Saturday I had a McDonalds then a stroll onto the ressers where the Swan family were out of the water near the seating area which one doesn't see very often. 

This chap thinks he's Dr Doolittle talking to the animals . 

 They soon wandered over to me when they saw I had food, I was feeding the male swan (C0B) out of my hand, but its beak was too big to feed them like I do the geese with my hand closed!.


The leg tag on Junior for my friend John Worrell who likes to see them.

One of the two Cormorants on the day.

Where's my mate?.


Here he is after a spot of fishing.

Now drying its wings out, it must be awfully cold under that water.

Feeding frenzy, doesn't take long to clear the table.


Where's all the seed gone, we can't get into monkey nuts.

Nice Sunday dinner at Sainsburys, changed my allegiance from Morrison's to Sainsburys after a walk round the shelfs and saw that everything I buy is cheaper there.  

Meanwhile back home sat it my big coat in my nice clear garage (Hide) with my camera trying for pictures of the birds on different settings, but that didn't last long in this weather!.


Last week I'd bought another wooden kit from (where else but Amazon), £7.50 so cheap enough.


Printed off the instructions so they were a bit larger and I could mark off the pieces I'd used.

Instructions were very basic, ie Attach number 1 to Number 1 then 2-2 and 3-3, you get the idea, trouble was the wood wasn't marked and you had to find the piece you wanted off this instruction sheet.

Then you had to fit 145 pieces where ever you thought they should go, it said refer to the picture, but of course that's only a frontal picture! and the pieces are very tight, 145 pieces in a model 6 inches high!.

So after a lot of head scratching and walking away to think, finally finished it.

Very difficult but kept me out of mischief for a few days, good value for money though!.

This kit was stamped out whereas the last few kits have been laser cut, and the smell of burnt wood lingers  for days!.


All good fun and keeps the little grey cells working as Poirot used to say!.

...............................................

Three things happen at my age.

First your memory goes and I've forgotten the other two.


 Even though I'm old, I've definitely still got it,

Trouble is no one wants it!.


The older you get 

the longer it takes to get over a good time.

...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment