Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Wednesday, 15.2.23.

 We had a good day today, us dog walkers with no dogs now had dinner at the Windmill pub in Denton, it was the last day of the 25% off deal so we took advantage off it, you have to these tight days haven't you. 

I'd already had a good meal of Fish and Chips at Sainsburys Café in Denton yesterday and very nice too, just enough for me.


 But I still managed a Carvery today, often amazes me the amount people can pile on their places, one fat lady there had a plate piled about 6 inches high and I thought she's never going to eat that lot, and she didn't, what a plonker. 

I bought a wooden kit last week with three animals in it, it's kept me busy and out of trouble this weekend.


They are only small, but there again only worked out at about £3 each!.

The Butterfly, the ruler gives you a bit of a clue of the scale of them.


Bird on a Perch, can you smell fish it's  saying?.


The regal Swan.

I know my mate Bob will said what will they do?, well Bob they will keep me warm for a couple of minutes on the fire!, as I don't keep them once they are done, have enough keeping the dust down as it is, where does it come from there's only me!

There's one think about these models they don't create a lot of mess as did the boat building, so I'm glad about that and it keeps the little grey cells active as Agatha Christies Poirot used to say. The instructions leave a lot to desired with the interpretation so it takes longer to make than you may think.

So a good day all round, Pear Mill Café tomorrow, on Monday I bought a little purchase, like to buy something now and then to help the place stay open.

This is for my Guinness, always looks better in the right glass doesn't it, plenty of iron in Guinness!.


   Onwards and upwards, don't let them grind you down.

..............................................................

Somewhere in the world a woman gives birth to a child every minute!.

We have to find this woman and stop her!.

Did you hear of the cannibal who ate his mother in law,

She still didn't agree with him!.

What's the most important thing to do if your captured by cannibals?.

Stay calm and try not to get in a stew.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment