Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Month end again!, where does the time go. 29.6.22.

 Its the end of the month again, but They ( Who are They) say time flies when you get older!. 

Been to Pear Mill Café a couple of times again this week and Tuesday only saw one of the baby peregrines, but on Saturday saw three of the four!.

Then noticed that one of them had a meal, and before you know it they were squabbling over it


You are going to share it aren't you 

 One didn't want to get involved, perhaps hoping something would fall down.

Was hoping it wasn't the fourth one they were eating, then noticed there was a pink claw and the baby peregrines are Yellow!.


Pigeon again for dinner, think I'll give it a miss!.


Young swan at Debdale is doing well, but keeping close to parents.


Three baby Great Crested Grebes doing well too.




Young Coot eating it's greens.

Whilst having our dinner on the car park opposite the sailing club, noticed there was a family of sparrows nesting in the end of the roof at the sailing club, must have youngsters in there as they are back too and froe all the time. 

Birds pick the most unusual places don't they.


Been a bit cooler the last couple of days, thank goodness, Pepe suffers in the heat with his thick coat
As you can see been it's a bit overcast, but doesn't stop the sailors and right in the distance on the right are kids on those boards one stands up with a big paddle, they seem to be taking a rest there though.

Back home we have another brood of Goldfinches, this one doing the Feed me, Feed me, flapping.

Been for my two yearly hearing test to day, quite easy with it being at SpecSavers in Sainsburys, Denton, so free parking and called in a minute before my appointment time!.

Left ear has deteriorated slightly so that aid was tweeted up, but that's all that needed doing.

The lady did have a look at the number two program, that's for when one is in a crowded place and it cuts out the background clutter and one only hears the people at your table, but won't be able to test that out yet as my two regular friends are not at Pear mill this week.

Took some Jigsaws to the charity shop yesterday and didn't see much to buy but the nice lady took me into her back room (Your jumping ahead of me now aren't you) it was to show me the puzzles stored there that couldn't fit on the shelves in the main shop. That was kind of her wasn't it, I must be a privileged customer now!.

While there spotted this nice tea pot and bought it for Pear mill Café  as they collect them, the last of the big spenders cost all of £2, but I know they haven't got one like this.


 

........................................................


One for David.

...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment