Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 9 June 2022

Baby time at Debdale, 6-9th June 2022.

Plenty of babies about  at the moment at the Debdale Lower reservoir.

The only cygnet at Debdale is doing well and getting bigger every day.


Another pair of Great Crested Grebes have appeared this week.

The resident pair of Grebes are doing well, still only one seems to like being on the water. 






This baby is growing quite well, there again is is swimming all the time whilst the other babies seem quite content to ride round on mothers back.
I saw mum trying to tip the other babies off but they clung on, so she gave up, but she will be glad to get rid of them so she can go fishing herself instead of relying on her male to feed her. 

My baby Goldfinches are doing well and feeding themselves.

Today our visit to Pear Mill Café was strangely quiet, perhaps with the Manchester kids off school the families are all away on holiday, though Stockport kids are still in school I'm told.
After our meal we stopped off round the back to see if we could see the baby Peregrine Falcons, and there they were, three babies!.
Only one visible at first.

 Then the others appeared, so you can plainly see the three, next time when they are getting ready to fledge might be able to get them in line!.

Still my favourite picture this week, this cheeky Squirrel with a Raspberry.

Have a visit to Debdale and see if you can spot all these birds.

......................................................

................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment