Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 6 June 2022

Over the Jubilee festival. 2-5.6 22.

 We had a nice time over the holidays, but lets face it it's one long holiday for us once retired. 

Between watching the festivities on the TV, we were over in the park and on the Ressers.

I had thought that the Great crested Grebe nest had been abandoned, but no!, they had moved under the bushes further along.

There they are, with 4 babes on mums back that I could see. 



Family outing with dad.


Dad feeding mum as she can't dive for fish with the babies on her back.

Here is a better picture I took a few years ago at Reddish Vale park

Its a wonder the babies don't choke isn't it.


Plenty of Coot babies about at this time of year.

This nest full of younger Coots.

Meanwhile in the Debdale Nature Garden it was very busy with people bringing their own picnics, but still managed to get a few photos.

This Robin appreciated the mealworms we had brought, must be something they like in them, to me they just look like empty shells.


A Coal Tit.

Blue Tit enjoying the new feeder.

Great Tit.

Form an orderly queue.

Someone had left a couple of Raspberries on the feeding station and this Squirrel found them.



In the park itself this Blackbird found a nice big juicy worm for the kids tea.

Back home it was a wet Sunday so we stayed in all day and watched the Jubilee Parade which I really enjoyed and who ever came up with the idea of the buses was brilliant!.

Staying in had a bonus too, as I noticed for the first time the Goldfinches had had babies and they are all eating for themselves so must be a few days old.

As you can see its still raining in these pictures.




This one must think its a Dunnock, feeding off the floor, will soon learn if the cats see it.

Think this one is Dad.

Bet she's thinking, "thank goodness the kids are feeding themselves now!".

The Clematis "Josephine" in my garden is looking good again this year.  

This is one I planted last year, looking really good now its established.

Like it?, this is the name of this one.

So a nice holiday, didn't watch much of the Saturday night concert I must admit, must be my age with these modern singers!.
...............................................


................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment