Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 13 June 2022

The Babies over the weekend, 11-12.6.22.

 Over the weekend we went to the Ressers to see how the Great Crested Grebes were doing and they are doing really well, with three of the babies swimming around now.




After dinner nap.

As you can see one of the babies doesn't want to leave the comfort/safety of mums back yet.

The young swan is doing well, and learning to feed itself.

This is fun, looking down for food.

Getting big now.

At Pear Mill Café was on my own which was strange as I usually meet my friends there but one was on holiday and the other recovering from an operation last week.

Still I was looked after by the staff and they came over chatting which was nice, they probably didn't realise I was reading my Kindle book, Its nice to know your thought of though isn't it!.

After my second cuppa it was off round the back to see the baby Peregrines, (hopefully) as they seem to be getting ready for fledging now, but they were there all standing on the front of their ledge.

I couldn't believe it, there were four of them!, I'd only seen three at anyone time before.


Getting crowded up there now.

There is mum, making sure they are safe from a distance, maybe trying to get them to stretch their wings and fly.
Notice the yellow on her beak which the babies haven't got yet. 

Well perhaps tomorrow, who made all this mess while I've been away?.

Back home the Baby Goldfinches are feeding well.

Adult and Juvenile, note no red face!.


All this talk of babies has just reminded me, I'm due to be a Great Granddad again this month!, hopefully everything will turn out alright there.

....................................................

Be nice to your kids, they'll be choosing your nursing home.

The older you get, the better you realise you were.

What happened when the old lady streaked though the flower show?

She won the first prize for Best Dried Arrangement!

It's the way I tell em!!.

.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment