Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 18 August 2021

Wet Wednesday, 18.8.21.

 Today, has it was drizzling we went to The Snipe with a view to buying another camera but the Argos Superstore are not too Super when it comes to updating their on-line catalogue, not that they are the only ones that are guilty of this. I think they are quite happy to get you in store in case you might buy something else instead.

"Not available" said the assistant, "Are there any other stores with them in stock" said I, "No all our stores are out of them" said she, no good blaming her for my wasted journey was it, store management need to update their catalogue more often!.

Perhaps instead of hand sanitiser soon it will be one of these!.

After a bacon buttie at O'Neals Meals wagon it was off to get filled up with petrol, hasn't taken the petrol companies long to up the prices has it, wasn't that long ago they couldn't get riddle of the stuff!.
What are all the Petrol stations going to do when eventually all cars will be Electric?.
Back home as it was still drizzling, watched the Young birds on the feeders though the living room window.
Seems to have been a good year for Goldfinch babies.

These are the second brood I've noticed this year.

They seem to try other food, not like their parents who only seem to eat Sunflower hearts.
This green stuff isn't very nice.

This little guy is looking at the suet block!.

Plenty of Starling babies about too.

Starling and Sparrow babies.

Ah well, back to the jigsaw again, this one a bit tricky with all sorts of colours mixed up, still it will last me a bit longer perhaps.


Perhaps get my staircase rail fitted today?, then it will give me something to do staining it, will need a couple of coats!.
There is going to be a wooden rail on the top of the metal rail to match the other side.

At the side of the staircase is Pepe's rack for this stuff.

Fancy collars and spare lead.
Well that's another day older and hopefully wiser!. 
.............................................................................

Time is a great healer ; but a lousy beautician.

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
I don't know and I don't care!. 

The older you get, the better you realise you were.
.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment