Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 25 August 2021

The Past week, 21st -25th August.2021.

 The past week has seen my staircase hand rail fitted and very nice it looks too, though not sure if its not too heavy looking?., still its been without for 50+years so perhaps will grow on me.

Needs sanding and staining yet to match the other side.


This week at Pear Mill café friend Peter got this Cow milk jug for a change, decorative but a terrible pourer!.

Yesterday Tuesday, went to Clarks shoe shop again and bought another pair of shoes (Black) and a nice pair of boots (Brown).

When I sat down to try on the selection the lady brought me, I realised that there was blood stains down my trousers, couldn't see where it was from, but I'd done a little job on the stairs before leaving home and had knocked my elbow and it was bleeding, goodness knows what she thought I was doing with blood on me, but never mentioned it, perhaps thought if she mentioned it I would kick off!.


She was quiet happy though when I bought these and perhaps happier too see the back of me!

 



Then it was off to the Ressers at Debdale to see what wildlife we could see.
This seems to be the boss Swan on the lower lake at the moment showing off how big he is!.

Free wheeling



Got himself a mate it seems.

There was a couple of these beautiful Great Crested Grebes there too.


 These are my favourite water birds!, and got me started Twitching, or bird watching if you know it as that.



At one stage this one was doing a type of scooting along the water with its bottom well down in the water, not seen them doing that before.

And this is the only baby to be seen, quite different colours to mum and dad hey, must be camouflage whilst they are vulnerable to predators.   


Saw a couple of these Grey Wagtails flitting at the waters edge where they seem to like best, perhaps its the best place to catch flying insects,

Yellow Wagtails are mostly all yellow and have a shorter tail to wag!, They are on my bucket list.



Back home we still have a load of baby Goldfinches, this is one of the latest brood.


This one is from an earlier brood and you can see its just starting to get its red face like its parents.


This one is an earlier one still.

This is one of the parents, very colourful aren't they. 

Well that's it for another day, off to watch the Paralympics, what dedication they have, makes one ashamed  to complain of ones  aches and pains don't they.

Perhaps get on to the treadmill for a while later.


Frida from ABBA on the iPad makes it more interesting!. 

.......................................................................................

I know its all rules down the pan as far as the virus rules for us, but it's still out there and its better to be safe than sorry.


.......................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment