Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 1 September 2021

August Bank Holiday week end, 27th- 30th.


The August Bank Holiday was quite good for us this time, made contact with the people at the Debdale Wildlife Centre and was surprised to see the great progress Vicky and Chris and their volunteers have made since the last time I visited.

They  had been trying to get my contact number to see if I was alright, as they hadn't seen me for a while, nice to be missed isn't it. In this Pandemic situation you never know if you will see your old friends again, it's a lottery if you don't look out for yourself these days!. 

Now my foot problem is easing I will be able to visit a bit more often, a new bird house and a lot more feeders not to mention the great variety of beautiful plants. 

There was Tea & Coffee over the weekend too.



Even table decorations.







The Nuthatch in their classic pose, usually upside down too.


A Blue Tit and Great Tit sharing a feeder.

A nice fluffy Great Tit.

This is a Coal Tit, one of the nicest Tit's I think.

Can always tell them apart with the white stripe up the back of their head. 


A Dunnock, a bit like a Sparrow but as you can see a slimmer beak, don't look in the trees for these as they are usually feeding on the ground!.

The beautiful Goldfinches like mine at home.

The next event if you are into Bats!


On Bank holiday Saturday and Monday we were at Pear Mill Cafe and had our personal favourites whilst the dogs had their Ham and Sausages, their favourites!.

Did I drop some there Dad?.


All gone Pepe, 

Our table decorations on the day.



Novelty Milk jug


The weather has been dull but dry, better for hairy Pepe.


Didn't stop the kids enjoying the canoeing lessons at Debdale sailing centre.

So all in all a good weekend and not too many crowds about, perhaps all dashing down to the sea and a good dose of the virus!.

Over the weekend, well half hour, made an exercise device for my foot I saw on Amazon in plastic and thought I can make one of those with scrap wood offcuts from my kitchen refurbishment.


Just needs cleaning up and painting to make it look better still.

Click on the "Eureka" Tab at the top under the header picture to see more.

.....................................................

Typical hey!


..........................................

A woman has the last word in any argument, Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument!.

..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment