Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 10 September 2021

This week's outings,10.9.21.

This week we went to the usual places as the virus is still out there isn't it, at our tender age we have to be careful don't we!.

Had a text message from GPs saying they were doing Flue jabs that day up to 7-00pm, went at 6-00pm and they must have just finished their tea and we were soon in and sat waiting whilst being booked in then it was the jab, never felt a thing but in Lidl's afterwards realised my shirt was all bloody and my arm was bleeding, was sore for 48hrs but alright now!.

Still got the bruise though!.


At the Ressers, there were workmen working and was told later that they were changing some valves. 

Was nice sat in the shade, Pepe is not the right type for hot weather.


Looks like father and son thing.

Give you some idea of the zoom on my Nikon P900 camera, a look across the water and then a zoom in

You can now see this guy sunbathing, so beware ladies if you think of going topless!


The tough guy who owns this water, with his mate.

The grooming must go on.

This is the boss's tag, his mate hasn't got one.


Spotted a Little Grebe but just out of range, they are very shy.

Nice little Moorhen.

Round at the wildlife centre, the coffee shop was open and these cyclists enjoying a break.





Can't sit here though!.

There it is to scale.

Blue tits enjoying our peanuts.

Reminds me of Orville.

Had to have our ice cream too.


Back home our Fuchsias are doing well this year, must be the hot weather, and when I'd cut them back to an inch from the ground I thought I'd killed them, has done them good evidently. 


In the back garden the berries on the bushes are growing well too, plenty of food for the birds later in the year.

Got myself a new electric kettle today, the old one wasn't broke but getting past its sell by date.

The new one looks better too, and only £19.99 from Lidl.

Whilst at Lidl saw these nice plants and thought we would have a change from Mother-in -laws tongues 

Fits in well in the corner and not in full sun, not sure about the draught though, we will have to see.

Its one of these!.

Goldfinch babies.




So a good week up to now, and my friends daughter up from Devon yesterday so we will see her tomorrow at Pear Mill Café!.
.......................................................

Know how she feels ?.
...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment