Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 15 September 2021

Visit to Windmill. 15.9.21.

 Visit today was to the Windmill, no!, not a real one but the carvery in Denton with friends and the dogs though we had to sit in the vault with the dogs, that was no problem though.

We were joined with my friends daughter up from Torquay, so it was the first time they had seen each other since the pandemic.

I had been to the windmill myself a week ago to check out the situation regards the seating and serving which had turned out to be almost back to normal!.

Certainly dog friendly here.


The meal was the usual nice carvery with Pepe and I having Turkey and Roast Beef with all the trimmings.

On the way home we passed the site of the old Pomona, looking a lot better now as the old pub had been empty for years and the druggies had kept breaking in at the back.

Don't think I'd like to live there though with the bus stop right outside the door!.

As it was nice and sunny and warm we decided too go to the ressers and walk a bit of our dinners off. 

Beautiful Day.


Some of this years Canadian Geese chicks all grown up.

Had a chat with one of the workmen who told me they were changing the valves and that hatch beneath the jib was 30 metres down, that's 100 feet in old money isn't it.

Whilst here at the workings met a friend I've met recently, (Strangers are friends you haven't met yet aren't they)
Steve had his new Drone with him and put it up in the air and explained all the working and specifications.  


I'd seen some of his pictures on -line previously flying over Hartshead Pike in Oldham and couldn't believe the clarity of the pictures!  

This picture of it right it in front of me taking a picture of it picturing me!.

You wouldn't believe the size and weight of it, fits in the palm of your hand  and can be programmed to do all sorts of things  

Hoping he will send me a picture of that.
4K pictures and it goes out as far as it will go and then will only go as far as it will get back with the battery, had wondered about that.
Steve has a pilots licence and says you can get a test on-line.
Do I want one or will it be a flash in the pan after a few flights out,??????, a lot of money for that, as I'd have to buy the model he has!

Talking of money, got this 50 pence piece this week, first new one I've had since the pandemic, People have only been able to use their plastic friend for the last 18 months. 


Has you can see it's an 2020 coin.

Also got a few other coins that I already have, will keep them in case anyone needs them for their collections.

Got this Jigsaw from the charity shop on Sunday, and goodness me I remember most of them!

But it did make me wonder if the recipes have changed over the years much, as I'd had a can of Oxtail soup the other day and thought it tasted funny, so read the ingredients and sure enough they have added Curry powder, I'm sure that wasn't in it originally was it?.


.......................................................

Two cannibals were eating a clown and one said to the other

 "Does this taste funny to you?" 

..................

........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment