Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 28 December 2020

Boxing Day, 28.12.2020.

 Boxing Day and you wouldn't believe the amount of people at the Mcdonalds drive-thu!.

The Debdale car park was full to bursting so we had to park on the road outside, same as a lot more people. not many masks about but I suppose people don't bother being outside, but not using the 2 metre apart though!.

Popped over the car park at McDonalds to see how the Hyde Road project was doing and it looks like it's nearly finished except for the cosmetics ie banks and walkways grassed and bushes planted.

Just passed that lamppost on the right is a pathway up to the Gym and Holiday hotel.


Still think those scruffy shops on the left would have been a better route, but that's only my opinion.

Just read on the internet that President Trump wants an airport named after him, thought that was an honour not a request, having said that perhaps a large cemetery named after him would be better after his "Wearing a mask is un-American campaign" he certainly didn't do the American people any favours in his last year of office, 250,000 dead is it up to now?.

For any doubters/ doomsters I've had no serious after effects after my first jab of vaccine only a painful arm for a couple of days, but what's that against the other alternatives the virus and death!.

On a more pleasant note, whilst searching for an old photograph for my mate came across this photograph I'd taken a few years ago!. 

Isn't nature wonderful, might take your mind off the bad weather outside for a minute. 


Another was this one of my mate's paddler "Jennie Deans" in war time configuration with the dazzle paint work doing a grand job.
Taken at Bury Model Boat Club a few years ago, happy days!.

Another oldie was this pair of model birds, I still have the Mallard  on the left!.

Both dummies that have been motorised.


Enough of the old days and back to reality, only 15 days to go to my next vaccination, if you are one of the waverers, think of the alternatives, I remember the doubters when I was young, with mothers worries about Diphtheria and polio!.

Me and my friend Bob, who with his wife Joyce had our jabs on the same day  and look at us now! 


  ..............................................

A barking dog never bites. well, not while its barking!.

Why should you watch out for when it's raining Cats and Dogs,

You might step into a Poodle.

What sort of animal is a slug?,

a snail with a housing problem.

...............................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment