Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 11 December 2020

Another dull wet week, 7-11.12.20.

 Another dull, wet, cold week, but had a few short trips out locally to stay safe, would be a shame to fall at the last fence wouldn't it!.

The work at the Hyde road widening is still an ongoing situation but slowly getting there.


 This is the end near the traffic lights, they could have put in a filter here to filter the traffic going into the Gym, McDonald's and the Park, but I suppose its cost enough without my ideas.  

The bowling green in Debdale park ( the one nearest to me) that was stripped off and reseeded only a week ago seems to have done well, there again its had plenty of water on it the last week.

Was at the Snipe retail park today to get some containers from B&M and of course had to stop for a Sausage & Bacon sarnie at the mobile food stall, (in green on the left).
B& Q seems to be in the middle of a refurbishment and all the signage stripped off, we shall see. 
My car in the foreground here, had its first wash since the 2nd lock down and it needed it!.

Whilst having our lunch, noticed work being done on another part of the large car park, The part nearest McDonald's had been sectioned off and I was told it is going to be a Costa Coffee place  
This pile driver was making a lot of noise, luckily I could turn off my hearing aids, so you see there is a a good and bad side to most things!.


Common Starlings, are not so Common when you seen the beautiful colours on them 

This one on my feeders at home.


................................................

Why do we use the word "Politics"to describe the process of government?,

 Poli in Latin meaning "Many" And "Tics"meaning "Bloodsucking Creatures".

What's Light,white and sweet and hangs from trees?.

A meringue-utan.

...............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment