Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 13 May 2018

Saturday at Daisy Nook, 12.5.18.

Saturday at Daisy Nook was quite busy but got there early to get a parking place, after a tasty snack and cuppa, Pepe and I set off round the park to check out the wildlife.


The female swan was still in waiting on her nest 

Whilst I was there she stood up and turned over four big eggs and I was so engrossed watching I forgot to take a picture.
Here she is being a good home maker tidying up the nest.

Her mate was off bullying all the other birds.

Looking like he's free wheeling here.

But not these two Herons, they were not bothered with his threats


Couldn't make out what this one was doing but seemed to have lost a lot of feathers, perhaps making a nest, if so perhaps will see a few babies soon, never seen baby Herons before!.


Only saw two Herons together but these all look different, wonder what this ones seen?, they are usually looking down into the water aren't they.

Just near there took this one of Hartshead Pike on the hillside, took out the ugly pylon next to it, what a blot on the landscape the pylon's are but a necessity these days I suppose. 


A pair of Dunnock's, not sure if the paler one is a youngest or a female?.


Back at the car for a drink, we had got our 5,000 steps in for the day!, there again Pepe must have got a lot more in than that with his little legs.

He's not keen on sharing an ice cream.

He'd rather have a cone of his own, (the bottom of mine) more his size.

A lot of Pepe today, he likes watching the world go by, just like his dad.

But you can't have too much of a good thing can you?.

......................................................................

If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our bodies!.

The only reason I would take up jogging, is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

Who invented King Arthur's round table?,
Sir Circumference.
............................................................................................ 






No comments:

Post a Comment