Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 21 December 2014

Out and about Dec 2014

Out and about Dec 2014.

Whilst out and about this past week Marjorie and I had a visit to her favourite place Hyde!.
We called in at Specsavers has she wanted a pair of Varifocals instead of having to keep taking her glasses on and off  all the time, she had told them at an earlier visit she had floaters in her eyes, but by now they had flashing lights added, now flashing lights might be the in thing at this time of the year but not inside your eyes!, Specsavers staff said you must get down to the eye hospital as soon as possible, which we did on the Thursday. we went into the Emergency eye clinic and there saw the triage nurse, drops were added and told to wait, then it was into see another nurse who said she had two tears and a detached retina!, you must have that done right now they said as soon as the doctor is available, so we went to the Cafe next door and after a nice tea went back and after a while the job was done. 
Though we were there six hours it didn't seem that long as we were chatting to people in the same condition and funnily enough a family from Reddish and another from Denton, just up the road from where we live!, Marjorie soon had them all laughing and talking, what a woman, Didn't show any fear of the situation but like all of us must have been feeling it, glad I was there to help in some small way.
The staff and doctors at the Manchester Eye hospital are all great as I know when I had my cataracts done there.
We went into the Specsavers the next day to thank them for their expert advice, cannot praise them enough!.

On a happier note I went to the Lake yesterday and saw a few of the regulars at the Cafe, then friends Bob and Joyce arrived and we had a coffee and toasted teacake each.


Joyce with little Noddy, very hapt name has it had a brain disorder and its head was like one of those you see in the back of cars, seemed happy enough though, made Joyce's day anyway!


Some more of the regulars with their dogs

The Village Christmas tree.

Compstall village square and Christmas tree, you can just see the church tower behind the Post Office.

Though I'm a confirmed townie, I often think it would be nice to live in a village setting and then the thought of the winter closes in and I come back to reality!.

John being the considerate Guy he is sent me an early warning about Sunday dinner this week, as he has a heavy cold and sore throat and though I was welcome to go to Sunday dinner as usual, he thought I'd better decide for myself as I'd not long got over the same thing, I declined and took Marjorie to our favourite watering hole "The Stable Gate" for Sunday lunch and very nice it was too, and they were all genuinely pleased to see Marjorie back again after seeing me on my own on Friday evening without her, she had gone home early, no doubt tired after the busy day before at the hospital.

Then it was over to Daisy Nook for a look round and a nice coffee and cake, (Between us) not tight but both thinking of the Cholesterol!!.
So all in all a nice day's outing and letting people know we were still in circulation.

Think it will be "The Lake" tomorrow for Me and Pepe ,has its hair day for Marjorie, with Christmas coming up, think I'll have to have a cut and shine myself don't want to show her up. both going to our respective families for Christmas Day, at least if we fall asleep after a big Christmas dinner we will look respectable!.
   
 Its the Frostbite Sail at the Club on The day after Boxing Day, there is sailing for the hardy and hot soup, mince pies and apple pie with custard for the not so hardy. the bar is open and there will be tea and Coffee, so a good chance for a good chat and the ladies turn out as well which is always nice to see.
....................................................................................

.....................................................................................................

Air traffic control to Aer Lingus.
"Identify yourself and what is our height and position?"
"I'm Captain Paddy Murphy, I'm Five feet two, and I'll be sitting at the Front!"
...........................................

The little old spinster rang Telecoms complaints department,
"The cord on my phone is too long, could you pull it back a bit at your end" she asked.
.........................................
Of course it must be remembered that Alexander Graham Bell invented TWO phones!
...................................................
Fred had been contemplating the worlds population. 
"Its amazing Gladys" he said "Everytime I breathe in and out, Someone dies"
"Have you tried Mouthwash" said Gladys  
.............................................................
An elderly spinster approached the pearly gates and knocked, "Who is it " asked St Peter.
"It is I" came the reply.
"Oh No" muttered St Peter, not another school teacher!"
............................................................
St Peter, "How did you get up here?.
New arrival "Flu".
.................................................................
Its the way I tell em!.

That's it for now folks 

No comments:

Post a Comment