Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 4 December 2014

Nice day at the lake

Nice day at the lake, 4th  Dec 2014.
Just back from a trip to the lake, and after a walk for Pepe we were sat at the Cafe chatting with friends from what I call the"breakfast club", when I saw the Campervan of my friends Bob and Joyce arrive!.
Bob came over for two coffee's as he had drained off the water in the camper, it got well down on the old thermometer last night!, "Come over for a spot of lunch Duckie" he said, "I'll be cooking shortly", not one to miss a free meal, saves me cooking, well microwaving that is, not real cooking that is it!.
Joyce and I  had a nice beans on toast, whilst Bob had spaghetti, then it was Rice pudding for afters and another coffee from the Cafe, Nice one Bob!.
It was ideal watching the sailors sailing their boats through the windows of the camper, better than out in the cold, my throat isn't quite up to this weather yet, I know it sounds like I'm a bit of a wimp but you have to watch yourself these days don't you especially when you already have a bad throat.

This past week we went to the Club Christmas dinner, if you want to see the event in glorious colour Click here.
  
A couple of days ago on a trip round the lake I spotted this cute little duck having a bath, even in this weather they have to clean and oil their feathers to keep waterproofed don't they!.



 Splash it all over, Essence of Etherow.

Got to get every feather 

Yes, loverly Jubbly 

 Cheeky thing, sticking his tongue out at me, perhaps he didn't want to be watched at his ablutions, I was quite a long way away with my telephoto lens though!.

View across the big lake, looks cold hey!


 Any bread mate?.


 Back to the Cafe for a hot drink and a sandwich, "Sausage please" say's Pepe!.
By the way my cholesterol was 6.1 said the doctor, so it's watching what I eat from now on, trouble is everything you like is bad for you isn't it!
........................................................................................................

The lady of the house called Jeeves into her bedroom and said "Jeeves, please unzip my dress" with a great deal of embarrassment he did so.
"Now Jeeves" she said, "Take off my stockings".
Jeeves was now in a sweat.
"And now take off my underwear"... and if I ever catch you wearing them again you will be instantly dismissed"!.

My uncle worked as an espionage agent at the mint. He was a Mint Spy.

Most young blokes stop looking for work the moment they get a job.

.....................................................................................................
Thats it for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment