Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Nearing Christmas 2014.

Nearing Christmas 2014.

Been out and about with my lady friend Marjorie mostly to our favourite haunt Hyde Shopping Mall and all the shops in there, there is also a nice cafe there "The Rendezvous Cafe" where the staff are very friendly and the food is very good, and the place is nice and clean, there's a nice clean set of toilets upstairs too. Have seen a number of friends there too so we are not on our own with our views of the place.


The decorations in the Mall are really nice and this past week there has been a local school singing there, better than classes I suppose but it was for charity so they are learning something there hey!



Saturday Night, Marjorie and I went to the Ashton Chapel to see and hear the Carol Service there and the theme this year was the centenary of WW1 and between the choir singing there were clips from a video, also the video from the LDS church on the meaning of Christmas "He is the Gift" ie it's not all about shopping and tinsel. 

Sunday saw me out doing a bit of shopping for dessert for after Sunday dinner at Son John's where there were a couple of missionaries dining that we had sat and chatted to the previous evening.
Pepe was a hit with this missionary has he had one at home in Utah, though not as hairy as Pepe!
Pepe in very good and let's everyone pet and stroke him, not that he gives them much choice in the matter, he's on their knee before they know it.


Relaxed waiting for the doggie bag he always get's to take home.

On the way to John's called at Aston Park Garden Centre to get some filter stuff for the fish tank and they have the usual Christmas decorations everywhere, nice for the children isn't it.
 An animated singing Snowman, roll on the spring and all the plants are out again, still so as not to appear a Scrooge there are some good things for Christmas, ie parties, shows and these little fellows!.

Great picture taken by my mate Bob, on an earlier visit to Etherow Park, which is our favourite place.

And just to show he is good at other things too, a picture of his current building project!, that's five feet long and 18 inches wide, a lot of  boat!.



Well that's it for now, might get another post in before Christmas, but if not I will leave you with my picture of a Robin and my Best Wishes for a, well the picture say's it all doesn't it.
...............................................................................................................

Its illegal to make liquor privately, and to make water publicly.

"This pen leaks", said the prisoner as the rain came in through the roof .

He got a letter from his wife, "Fred I missed you yesterday, Come home and let me have another shot"
Gladys.

He was so lazy he had his window box concrete over.

.....................................................................................................
That's all folk's


No comments:

Post a Comment