Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 15 December 2012

Past week

The last post took you to Monday, since then its been nice and busy, which is good for me.
Pepe was OK the next day and been al-right since, though he has been on painkillers since then, back to the vets for a check up to-morrow.
You can just see his shaved muzzle, but that will soon grow back I'm sure, he's being kept warm there as per the Vet's instructions, doesn't need much encouragement this weather though!.

Wednesday had an invite to dinner from friends Bob and Joyce, and I disgraced myself by not eating the onions in the onion gravy!.
How nice looking is that hey!!!
Then Bob worked his magic on two pictures, one of my sister and brother-in -law and a "Eddie" truck with the name "Barbara", the picture of them was taken outside the Man City ground a couple of years ago, the truck picture at Appleton Depot! this year.

At the awards night at the boat club on Wednesday evening, John did very well, winning two 3rd prizes and that's in his first year in the club, One for Semi scratch build and the other for Kit build, well done John!.
Watch this space!.



Been doing a bit of modelling as well to keep my mind off Pepe's operation.
This part is the end of the crane arm and is the part that the nets go round 


The "L" shaped arm was a bit thin with 4 layers of plasticard (4mm) with a hole of 3mm to go though, so thought it would be better with another 1mm each side, the tube part on the right side was also strengthened with a pin though it. 
The Rubber bits are John's idea and taken from his Plumbers washer box as it looks better than just a bit of plastic tube, see john's model at
The metal washers are to correct the gap in the middle

The table in the wheelhouse was given an edging as we don't want any accidents with the boat in heavy seas do we?.

My Eureka Moment to-day is "Shackles" made from dress fasteners.

First you have to bite the bullet and go to an Haberdashery shop and buy the dress fasteners, if you get funny looks assuring them they are for a model boat!!. 


Take one out as you can see on the left packet and turn the ends 90%

a couple of panel pins for screws

and there you have them!.
They come in all sizes for your boat scale and as you can see even this close I think they look al-right that  block will be tidied up before painting by the way.
This was an idea I found in one of the Model Boat Magazines by the way not my idea, but used it to good effect since, so if you've not seen it yourself that's a bonus isn't it.

This is part of a new series of Eureka Moments that can be found 
on the tab at the top of the Etherow Model Boat Website Here

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Duckie

    Plenty of scope for the passing readers

    The Bangers and Mash came out ok
    Don`t you worry about the onions

    Pleased that Pepe is well again

    Bob

    ReplyDelete