Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas festivities

Of the first festivities on the title as I mentioned in a previous post I took the two lovely Grand-daughters to lunch at the Hartshead Pub on the hills in Ashton.
On Christmas Eve I was invited to friend Bob's for Steak and chips whilst his wife went to the hairdressers, and very nice meal it was too!, and as mention in the earlier post Sister Bab's in OZ commented that Pepe had his reindeer hat on, but where was mine, Bob soon rectified that!, with his editing skill's
The two Ruddies
And old Whiskers.


Christmas Day it was off to John and Joanne's for Dinner and showing off all the present's, in my young  days during WW11  it was an Orange and wooden toy carved by my dad who was in the navy, he once brought home a tin of boiled sweet's ( they were not available in the UK and were still on ration for years after that) and I can still remember looking in that tin and was amazed to see what I thought was jewels nestling in the tin.
Pepe and Jessie got on alright on the day after Jessie had calmed down after greeting us both.
Lovely smell from the kitchen Dad! 

Friends ??? 
I also got my Christmas present from "Eddie Stobart" in the week.

A beautiful calender, the latest Spotters handbook and the newsletter Spot on!.
there was also a new APP out on the IPhone, "Stobart Tracker" which I downloaded , it gives you the position of all the trucks in the Eddie's fleet, so instead of going spotting on spec you can see where they are and go there, must have saved the price of the APP already on petrol saved going on spec !.
Boxing Day went to a nice buffet at John and Jo's In-laws very nice too
On the day after Boxing Day we went to the Frostbite Sail at the club an event run every year after Boxing day, Could have called it the Dull and Wet Day this year though, still it didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the members and a good day was had by all, pity John was suffering with a cold so didn't chance it, I didn't blame him for that.

Well that's it for now folks, hope Father Christmas brought you got all you wished for!.

2 comments:

  1. Like the edited photos
    sounds like you had a good Christmas and ate a lot! Plenty of vegs too!!!
    I wonder if there is a Bryan truck?
    Have a good New Year
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete remember when the rationing came off 1953 I think went and bought a quarter pound bar of chocolate peeled it like a banana and ate in one sitting Bryan

    ReplyDelete