Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

The past weekend

Over the past week end Pepe and I have been out and about.
Saturday we were at the lake and had a nice walk right round both lake and up to the weir at the top.
We had company for a change Sylvia ( friend of Etherow) and her new Jack Russell "Molly", and also (club member) Donald. It was like a singles day out, very enjoy-abell .

Great crested Grebe


Then on Sunday it was off to Colwyn Bay Model Boat Club Mayors Regatta.
As you can see from the above picture it was a nice summery day and the trip there was the first time I'd had a chance to have a trip out in the new car, everything went well and we arrived in time for the opening, with no ill effects which I've had with other cars in the past (back ache).
The regatta was a great success with quite a few of our club members there,  Bob was on centre stage with his Great Eastern, and when there was a lull in the sailing he had the pool to his self with GE fighting the swells that had sprung up with the wind, but Ge didn't let us down with me sailing her whilst Bob took his photo's.
This "Our lass 11" was there and a great job the builder had done detailing it, I took quite a lot of pix's of this to try to copy on mine!


There I am on the left in the Tilley hat at bob's great eastern.

On the way home Pepe and I stopped off at Rhyl as it was the Rhyl Air Show and we were just in time to as the acrobatic's with two Spitfire type aircraft and then two Tornado's thundered past and did a few passes, much to the appreciation of the crowd but not Pepe!.

Still nice weather as you can see


Yesterday it was off to Etherow again, you've got to get out and about whilst the weather is good haven't you, it might change again before you know it.

For more of the Colwyn Bay week end visit
................................................................................
Did you know that Alexander Bell invented two telephones?.

An Israeli chemist invented a new laxative and patented the brand name "Let my people go".

A hen pecked husband decided to revolt "I'm fed up, I'm leaving you and going to join the French Foreign Legion".
"Well, don't come back traipsing sand though the house", she said!.
...................................................................................
That's all folk's

1 comment:

  1. Glad the new camera is getting a good work out .BandB

    ReplyDelete