Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 9 July 2012

First weekend in July.

Saturday saw Pepe and I going to John's, where we changed car's and off we went to Barnsley to Model Slipway where we had been informed earlier in the week John's kit of "Maggie M" a fishing boat was ready, I always like to go over and pick it up myself and have a chat with Laurie and Jackie.
The trip over was though the clouds on the way there, but not as bad as earlier in the year in the ice and snow over the top to Rotherham posted earlier, but homeward bound it was nice and sunny.
Laurie was busy cleaning up after the heavy rain they'd had, but we had a good chat with Jackie and she showed us round their set-up, workshops and showroom. As I've said in an earlier post Laurie and Jackie are now semi-retired and have discontinued some of their kits, though still seem very busy at the moment and have to refuse some big orders from abroad!.
Jackie cleared up a small problem I had with my OL2 kit, in that I was having trouble fitting in the "U" shaped rear top deck piece, it was too big and I was afraid that if I made it smaller it would effect the rest of the build, as Jackie explained you can't be sure of the uniform thickness of the fibre glass so you have to trim that piece to fit, All's well then!, I came home and had it fitted in half an hour.
Rear bulkhead fixed to lower deck then installed in hull.

The top deck rear "U" piece fixed in 

Next job will be the Clump recess cut out of the centre rear bulwarks, couldn't do that before as you need the top deck in first and then cut down to that!.
As you can also see in the picture above, I've started putting the beam's in below the rear cut out's, just below the Inspector,either side of that escape hatch, won't show much once the net drum's are placed in, but you should be Abell to see some detail in the gaps shouldn't you!.

Top deck will be next that the gantry sit's on and that has to be a good fit as it's removeabell.
The net drums posted about earlier have now been finished and just need pipe connections to the roof fittings.
Sunday after dinner at John's we opened "The Box" of his "Maggie M" and as always with Model Slipway kits everything was nicely turned out and finished, I've no doubt that John will be putting his own  scratch building skills to this model and coming up with his usual attention to detail, keep your eye on his Blog for his build.

Will he be weathering it like this model though is anyone's guess!

For to-day's aaah factor here is Pepe with his new Toy,
On the turtle's back all the sections have squeaks in and I keep hearing him trying different ones, perhaps I can get him on the X factor next year playing "Avalon" by Roxy Music, That's the colour of Bob's new car Avalon Blue! happy new car Bob!.
The new camera hasn't been out yet due to it's raining again, after a not too bad weekend.
That's all for now folk's
.....................................................................................................................

2 comments:

  1. A nice interesting blog, Duckie
    Looking forward to John`s build of course

    Rosie likes Pepe`s new toy and would like one herself, please?

    All the best.......Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have phoned the shop and I had the last one, but I will keep my eyes open for another one for Rosie!
    Duckie

    ReplyDelete