Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 26 July 2012

Ashton Shopping

On Tuesday I went to Ashton shopping, Ashton-u-lyne that is!.
Whilst there I called in at what used to be Roundabout Toys, there was some confusion as to if and when they would be opening again.
They never did much in the way of boats, but always had a selection of materials we all use at one time or another.
I've cleared up the problem, they have opened up again and one of the staff that worked there before as taken over the smaller premises but is only doing computer games and whose war games figures you see in that kind of shop, still it's each to their own and it would be a sad world if we were all the same wouldn't it.
Next door that was the other half of roundabout toys is now going to open as a Fancy dress shop, so some thing for others perhaps?

Then it was off to M&S to spend my Vouchers! I'd got £75 of vouchers and Son John got £75 worth as well for recommending me, can't be bad, anyone need recommending??

They don't give you money so it was something to wear for the holidays!.
Also called in at the other model shop there, but don't get too excited, they only do trains, cars and dolls house stuff which was al-right for my Narra boat.

 There I got an Eddie Stobart truck, limited edition "Marie Keating Foundation" at a reduced bargain price



On the back here you can see the reason for the truck design.
I remember this being on the channel 5 program "Stobart trucks and Trailers" where people paid to have their names on the side of this trailer and hope you can see the money raised by the company for this charity.
As you will have guessed by now I'm a fan of Stobart trucking and just thought, I could have got an anorak with my vouchers couldn't I!!.
Still its something close to my heart, anything to beat cancer!
...................................................................................................

I was surprised to see my mate playing poker with his dog, "That's a smart dog" I said,
"He's not that smart" said my mate, he wag's his tail every time he gets a good hand!

Boom Boom
................................................................................................
That's all folk's

1 comment:

  1. Was going to ask you if John had started his boat but checking his blog I see that he has BnB

    ReplyDelete