Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Monday, 10.6.2024.

Monday I went down Reddish Vale, it was dry but I wasn't too warm, wished I hadn't taken the inner padded lining out of my Camo coat!.

This young Canadian goose running up to greet me? or is it just the bag of food I'm carrying?.

Yes it was the food!, with the info centre closed now there's no food for the birds, The Lady Sarah selling it now but only here on Friday and some weekends.

A male Mandarin not changed colour yet.

This one well on the way to looking like a female but still got his bright beak.

Plenty of babies about, these coots on the top mill pond.


A mallard with it's mum.


Watched this coot struggling to break this big twig off a bush, must be after some brownie points off his mate.

This proud Mandarin mum watching over her brood.
I was told that they have Creche's like the Canadian geese



Feeding off my boot.

Counted nine in all.

Beaky the pigeon with a twisted beak that rides round the lake on my hand couldn't wait whilst I fed the other birds and helped itself!.

Got to be a squirrel somewhere.

So then it was off to Morrisons for lunch.

Came home and finished another jigsaw.



Tuesday me and the gang went to Vernon Park café again, it was better this time as it wasn't too full of kids off school.
I had a nice bacon and egg barm and ordered a bowl of chips for the middle of the table so we could all try them as our friend Chris the singer had recommended them and he wasn't wrong, we all enjoyed them and will be having them again I'm sure. 

....................................................


........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment