Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 26 February 2024

Reddish Vale park. 20th-26th February 2024.

 Been a mixed week with the weather, but on Tuesday went down the Vale and it was quite nice though I thought it was still cold but would you believe it the terror-pins were out!.

Can you spot them, No well look below.

 

That's a big one but not as big as some on the top mill pond.


Crow sharing my bourbon biscuits.

Everyone loves a robin.

When I got home, thought "Why am I still opening and closing the gate at the bottom of the stairs?", Pepe went over the rainbow bridge 15 months ago and I'm still using his gate, so it was out with the electric driver and took the gate and post off. then it was out with the acyclic paint and mixed some up to hide the bare patch, not a bad job if I say so myself!. 

Finished another jigsaw too.



Today  (Monday) I went down the Vale again to see if I could find the Bullfinches that a friend had posted on the Vale website.

So it was the Sunnyside pond for me today.

Looks like love is in the air with this pair of Mandarins.



Not see this posture before, perhaps its the females way of excepting him?.

Plenty of others in the trees

Looking for lovee.

Little Grebe there too, bobbing up and down fishing.

Then it was off to the place I'd seen bullfinches in the past, remember that was the reason for me going to the Vale today.

Success and there they were a nice pair on the feeding table.



Is this my better side?.

A very quick Nuthatch.


A cute little Blue Tit with a meal worm.

A feeding table wouldn't be the same without the usual Squirrel Nutkin there.

Spring is just round the corner, or the weather is confusing the plants too.



Back home I thought Alfie was either going to read my books or eat them, he makes a good book end though doesn't he.

Obviously doesn't like my choice of reading material. 
...................................................





......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment