Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Tuesday, 14.2.2024

 On Tuesday as the weather looked ok  I managed to get down the Vale and though it was still on the cool side it was quite pleasant.

Just inside the gate to the lower mill pond there was the mutant Canada goose, the mandarin Duck there in the background holding his own amongst the others.


 In fact there were quite a few mandarins about, mainly on the lower mill pond.


With his mate close by.



Preening Cormorant.

Juvenile


Gadwall's on the top mill pond.



Squirrel Nutkin at the top mill pond.

Squirrel and this Crow in competition to see who could get the most monkey nuts, hide them and get back in time for the next one!. 


Plenty of snowdrops about the park so it must be getting near spring or is that just wishful thinking on my part!.

So then it was off to Morrison's for lunch and wouldn't you know it, it was raining when I came out.

Had a chat with one of the café staff who was there on a buswomens holiday having her dinner with her daughter, said she lived up in Oldham but didn't like it and was going to move back to Stockport as soon as she could, can you blame her?.

Today (Tuesday) after shopping at Sainsburys had lunch at KFC as it was still raining!.

Back home in my garden the Goldfinches were doing well on my feeders, will be thinking of building themselves up for the breeding season soon, the last couple of years I've had two broods a year, its no wonder there are plenty of them about.

Gave Alfie a bath this afternoon and weighed and measured him, he has put on another couple of grams, that's at least a few lettuce leaves isn't it?, also a few MM's in new measurements.

...................................................

A woman confused her Valium with her birth control pills, she now has 14 children - but doesn't really care. 

If a rock star is found to have taken illegal drugs should the Olympic Commission strip him of his gold discs?.

Did you hear about the atheist dyslexic, He didn't believe there was a dog.

................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment