Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 2 February 2024

Feb, 2.2.24.

 On Wednesday the last day of January,  went down to the Vale with my camera again, the pair of Swans weren't hungry enough to come out of the water on the day, so I just fed the two youngsters and the other wildlife.


Was a nice clear day again but still very cold so didn't linger long after feeding the ducks and pigeons. 

Few Cormorants on the top mill pond.


There was a lonely Gadwall on the top pond too. 

Tufted Duck, I'm forever blowing bubbles!!

The crow with its favourite biscuits, shared with me.

Squirrel likes them too.


A woodpigeon.

A great Tit.

Is that all for me says this Blue Tit or a squirrel?.

Everyone loves a robin.

A Male Mandarin doing what mandarins do, climb trees!.
Had quite a conversation on the Reddish Vale Website with a lady who didn't know they climb trees and also nest in them, so put the YouTube video of them leaving the nest, which she liked.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1764337603659740


The black swan was still there on the lower mill pond.

So then it was off to Morrisons for lunch and a warm up.

Thursday met friends in Pear mill and there were five of us on the day and the place was quite crowded.

Today I was SmartShopping in Sainsburys and had a phone call and message from my friend David and his wife Sheree that they were in Sainsburys too and sat in the café, so after I'd taken my shopping to the car went back and they said they were going to KFC and did I want to follow them which I did and after years of using the drive thru I went inside with them and we were the only ones in there until a couple arrived and he was a double for Bill Oddie!.
So I had my usual Boneless Banquet with Beans and to top it off David said it was their treat so it tasted even better.
So that was a nice surprise to round off the day, thank you again David and Sheree made my day!.
.............................................


..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment