Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 30 January 2024

Tuesday, 30.1.24.

 Today is was a day indoors as the car had to have a service and MOT, so it was like having a limb missing, or when you stopped smoking what did you do with your hands!.

Well I got stuck in and did some of the jobs that needed doing indoors, ie change the bedding and do a wash, wash the windows downstairs, vac round upstairs and down.

During the week I had had an idea to stop Alfie getting tied up in all the techno cables in the corner of the room and came up with this idea.

Couple of quid from Three ways DIY and some stain and varnish from the work room.

 Doesn't seem very high but it does the job.

Having said that, here he is climbing up a stack of DVDs, they are very persistence animals and seem to have a set routine and ways round the house. 


He's had a good breakfast today, Melon medley, cauliflower, Kale, assorted leaves and grapes!.

I had a trip down to Reddish Vale on Tuesday and Wednesday, nice day, but of course it was still quite cold but it is still only January!.


Spot the black swan.

On the Tuesday I had watched a chap feeding the Cob Swan by hand and stroking its chest, so on the Wednesday I saw the swan out of the water and thought perhaps I'll be brave enough to have a try feeding them by hand.

He's behind you!!.

Taken this photo off at request of the Vale management, had people on who might not have wanted to be shown!. then blocked their faces out.

These photographers were trying to take water level shots and then realised he was behind them. 

Then as I was sat on a bench near to, both Swans came over to see what treats I had!.

Then before I had a choice they both started eating out of my hand, it was difficult to get my camera in there but I think I managed ok I think you will agree.


In a few months time this big guy will be a real terror protecting his youngsters.

When sat on a bench this pair are level with your face so rather intimidating

Was a nice experience to remember though.



Then it was off round the ponds, the black swan still there and noticed that some of the photographer's on the website had caught it in flight and you won't believe it but its wings are all white underneath in flight!.



Also out of the water this coot with its large feet.

And this mandarin that looks as though its colour has washed off in the water, my fanciful imagination again.

His mate.

Moorhen and pigeon.

Crow with a bourbon biscuit.


Crows with Monkey nuts.

Cormorants enjoying the sunshine.


So a good day down there.

The car passed its MOT so alright for another year!.

..........................................................

Which Englishman invented the fireplace?.

Alfred the Grate.

 Where was the Magna Carta signed?.

At the bottom!.

Who invented King Arthurs round table?.

Sir Circumference. 

..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment