Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 15 January 2024

15.1.24.

Since my last post not been out with the camera, though I've been a little better in myself thought it prudent to stay away from crowds, for their sake really.

I went to The Windmill twice last week as it was 50% off Monday to Thursday, sat on my own away from anybody, also went though the drive thru at KFC.

This is a boneless banquet, got extra here, its usually three pieces of chicken and one bag of chips, perhaps they thought I needed feeding up.


Gave Alfie a good clean out and fresh floor covering in the week.

This is his food, plus this week I found these Melon Fans which he really likes.

I was holding one of the melon fans and he ate it so quick that he was nearly up to my fingers before I realised, that's his gaping mouth full of melon, they are very strong for their size so don't know if they will cut you, not going to try!.

While at Sainsburys this week my phone wouldn't pick up a signal so I like the smart shop so much, thought I'd try their own SmartShop devices which turned out to be better than my own phone.

Just like to do my shopping with them as it shows people us oldies are not all Neanderthals, having said that I met an old friend from my AFS and Ambulance days and his wife said where's your phone and he said "In the cupboard at home!", I forgot my phone a few weeks ago and thought I'd lost a limb!!.

Whilst in Morrisons the other day after shopping and dinner I was walking past a free book shelf and saw this hard backed book so I grabbed it.


I wasn't a national serviceman but thought it would be a good read to see what others thought of the service and up to what I've read up to now most of the lads enjoyed it!.
One thing that stood out to me was that when it started in 1946 the pay for a squaddie was 28 shillings and when I went into the army as a regular in 1956 the pay for a national serviceman was still 28 shillings!!, it was better pay for Regulars

Can you imagine leaving your family and friends and going away for two years maybe longer depending on the world stage.
I certainly enjoyed it, a roof over your head and all found.
My Son did something similar as a Mormon missionary and as in the Services it gives you a better outlook on life and makes you more independent. 
Well glad to say as of this post I'm back on my feet though at my age, not as steady as I'd like.
.............................................
This sounds about right!.

Didn't turn out like this.
Don't like it take a number!.

....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment