Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 21 January 2024

Sunday 21.1.24

 Feeling a lot better this week, so had a couple of trips down Reddish Vale Country Park to see the black swan that everyone was photographing and publishing on the Vale website.

So as my friend Jean wasn't feeling too good on Thursday ( think it was just Winter syndrome) I decided to go to the Vale and there right near the gate on to the lower mill pond was Blackie!.


Most of the pond was frozen over but just a small section if you went clockwise round the pond was clear so all the birds were there. 

 I went again on Friday and most of the ice and snow had disappeared, never seems to last long in Manchester area.

Blackie was still there and seemed quite settled in with the resident  couple of white swans and their two youngsters.


It has no leg tags, so no idea where it's come from.


Still a few mandarins about too.
Male.

Female.

Male Blackbird.

Female Blackbird

A cheeky Squirrel.

Nuthatch in classic pose.

Everyone loves a Robin.


Blue Tit, enjoying the seed.

Carrion Crow with a monkey nut.

I also had a trip over to the Gorton lower resser and though partly frozen over not too bad, though there's still snow on them there hills.

If you were wondering what's happening at the electric charging park at Debdale it's finally finished.
That's McDonalds on the left, so you could get a meal whilst waiting for your car to charge but beware there is a charge for overstaying.


Then it was off to The Windmill where it was 50% off Monday -Thursday if you had their appt!.
So this was £9.99 with a half pint of beer, can't be bad and no washing up, the staff are all very nice too.

So now off to enter a picture on the monthly Banner of Reddish Vale photographer's website, though another black swan isn't going to matter, think I might enter my Nuthatch one this time.

As I'm not going out today its off too slave over a hot stove and cook some bacon, egg and beans lovely, then watch the ladies football on telly.
..................................................



.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment