Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 1 March 2024

March already!, 1.3.2024.

 This Thursday, (29.2.2024) thought I'd have a change and instead of going to Pear Mill went to Portland Basin and their café there, the Bridge View Café, has my friend and neighbour Chris was singing.

Not a good way to photographs against the light.

Had a nice meal there and saved some of the salad for my friend back home Alfie. 
Table decoration with my Tortie bag for Alfie.

On the way there I'd stopped off and bought some  new plants at Nottcuts garden centre  and then over to Ashton Moss Nature Reserve to see if there was anything going on there.

First thing I noticed was the Muscovy duck had got a mate, only a young one by the looks of it, not sure the sex of it. 




Male Tufted Duck

Female Tufted duck

The resident swans.

Plenty of reed Buntings about.

Back home I changed over Alfie's plants as the others were not doing too well where they were.

Same pots just changed the two on the left, see how they do, the tradescantia on the right seems to like it there.
 The plant in the middle is called a Epipremnum Pinn "Marble queen", and the other one is a Peperomia "Smit" I only know because it says so on the labels!, I'm not that well up in plant names.

The Day before I'd been to Threeways DIY and bought some more wood as Alfie had managed to get over the fence I'd put up to stop him getting tangled up in the nest of wiring under the table in the corner.

So it was just a case of cutting the wood to same length and staining and varnishing it.


Since I put the new higher board in place Alfie took one look at it and whereas he used to walk up and down before, he just ignores it now, so jobs a good un!.

.................................................

Why did the cross eyed teacher get sacked, he couldn't control his pupils!. 

What does a maths graduate say to a sociology graduate?, I'll have the burger and fries please!.

Teacher to pupil; "Where's the English channel?".

Pupil : "I don't know my TV doesn't pick it up!"

.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment