Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 18 March 2024

The past few days, 16-18th March 2024.

On Saturday it was a trip to the Bridge View café at Portland Basin Museum, on the way I stopped at the Ashton Moss Nature reserve to see if there was anything going on there.

The big male swan came right up to the car to see what I had for him and I was brave enough to feed him by hand!.

 



The Muscovy duck with his new mate came too.



Then it was off to the café to warm up, though it is getting a bit warmer by the day, no singer at weekends but still a nice welcoming place to visit.
Chris the singer.



Plenty of people out walking, over the bridge that the café got its name from I assume.

Always a few narra boats passing though.


Then it was home to finish another jigsaw.


Looks a bit like Reddish Vale doesn't it.

Sunday it wasn't looking too good so only went out to Morrisons for one of their Sunday roast beef dinners, but when it came it looked beautiful But over facing for me, still I ate the best part of it and left the rest.
Today Monday, I went over to the Gorton Lower Resser and though it was a beautiful sunny day I still had my winter clothes on, but looked a bit over dressed when looking at some of the young women walking about with next to nothing on, suppose they had their youth to keep them warm, or perhaps be ill in bed in a few days time wondering why!.  


The resident swans, glad of my goodies. 

A male Tufted duck having a bad hair day.

His mate, "He's not with me"

Then having walked to the left hand corner, noticed there was a pair of Great Crested Grebes doing a bit of courting and nest building.

The female building and sorting out the twigs the male was bringing.

Having a rest whilst waiting for him to bring my dinner.

She's on the nest and he's being very attentive with food and nest building material.  
They did well last year with 4 babies which all survived.


Then a visit to KFC for dinner inside to get warm, but it was a bit tense with an argument as the young coloured guy charged me a £1 too much and tried to tell me the price had gone up, but still the old price on the overhead board, so I told him to get the manager, who came out , a big Black guy who I told to change the price list shown before charging people, the guys behind me said the same, so I got my £1 back!, it wasn't the price so much as the way it was put over, still don't think I'll be going again at that price.
Signage inside KFC, "You might Colonel, but not many truck drivers will be going any time soon with your price increases!.

This is evidently not one of the millionaires, seen these advertised and thought they looked small, but in reality they are smaller than that!, French I think, left hand drive.

 So home to a nice welcome from my kitty friend, its cupboard love I'm  sure, must know the sound of the car, he has two other friends come as well.

So another good weekend, it's what you make of it isn't it.
........................................................






..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment